Altus Group is seeking a candidate for the position of a real estate analyst based out of the Vancouver, British Columbia office to join the Research, Valuation, and Advisory division. The selected person will work within a dynamic team gaining experience in (but not limited to) land valuation, appraisal methods, building inspections, and data analysis.
We are the leading provider of independent advisory services, software and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, reflect decades of experience, a range of ability, and technology-enabled capabilities. Our solutions empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments.
The real estate analyst will be responsible for the collection, analysis and organization of industrial to commercial real estate data, which is to be used for property assessment and valuation consulting services. In addition, the role will work closely with senior staff providing research and consulting support for key assignments.
Altus Group Real Estate Analyst Key Responsibilities
– Conduct research and collect data from both internal database and third-party sources with respect to market rental rates, comparable building transactions internal/external and general market knowledge.
– Prepare accurate analysis or portions of appraisal reports using the latest market information obtained from various internal / external partners. Extensive senior co‐worker review is anticipated.
– Ensure data collected as part of ongoing assignments is entered accurately into the company database in a timely fashion.
– Conduct market surveys and research by calling various market participants (e.g. brokers, developers, property managers, leasing agents, municipalities, City Planners, etc)
– Develop cash flow projections to be used in the appraisal process, using industry standard software such as Argus, Dyna or other appropriate software
– In partnership with the Sr. Consultant or Director, perform building inspections.
– Become a Candidate with the Appraisal Institute of Canada. Maintain Candidate status by completing requirements outlined by the AIC, e.g. completing minimum of one (1) of the required courses towards designation per year
Real Estate Analyst Job Requirements
– University or college degree, preferably in Real Estate, Commerce, Economics, or Finance
– Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and oral presentation
– Valid Driver’s license
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel (VLookup, Pivot Tables, Etc.)
– Basic skills in creating financial models (i.e. Excel, Argus, Dyna, etc.)
– Excellent research, quantitative and analytical skills.
– Ability to work in a team and independently
– Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness
– Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity, honesty, and ethics
– Candidate for the Appraisal Institute of Canada (AIC) considered an asset
– Real Estate experience would be considered an asset.
– Ability to travel (limited travel required, overnight travel is possible)
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
11 total views, 1 views today