Amazon Web Services Issue Management Applications
AWS issue management applications need a seasoned senior technical program manager to be one of the key drivers in the largest internal software migration program in Amazon/AWS history. AWS owns and builds the in-house software platforms, web services and web apps that Amazon/AWS use to collaborate on, monitor, engage and manage all the software incidents, agile delivery, projects, programs, and general business processes across the entire company.
The issue management applications are used by more than 90,000 unique internal users every day across the entire company: from a fulfilment centre worker checking on a product in a warehouse to an on-call software engineer responding to an AWS problem. The senior technical program manager will partner with and influence a diverse set of Amazon teams, who are the consumers of our issue management applications and services and work intimately with our large software development team.
Issue Management Applications Senior Technical Program Manager Full Job Description
– You will be a change management agent and drive the migration of customers from our legacy tools and services for issue management to our newly created and established in-house systems. – You will understand the business needs of our customers and their usage/use-cases around our legacy system and map those to our new platform. – To make it even trickier (and exciting) for you, we have thousands of home-brewed API integrations with our legacy systems that also need to be migrated or deprecated to our new APIs.
– We are approaching this program with a multi-pronged strategy of migration tooling, organization-specific planning, broad education and training materials, and we need your ability/experience to not only execute the strategy but continuously refine it to achieve seamless and successful customer migrations.
Issue Management Applications Senior Technical Program Manager Job Requirement
The appointment will be at least a two-year effort that will impact nearly every single Amazon corporate employee and every organization in the company with SVP-level visibility as you execute.
– Own customer segments/business units and drive execution of a comprehensive strategy and program for accomplishing a full migration from our legacy systems to our new platform.
– Work closely with the software development teams that own these tools and services to drive the right requirements, features and user experience changes to be successful
– Communicate and build relationships with the leadership across the company at the VP and SVP level
– Learn about the workflows and business operations around issue and incident management across all of Amazon.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
– 7+ years of Technical Program Manager experience
– Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
– Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
– Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
– Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
– High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
– Proven ability to influence senior leadership (Director/VP/SVP) level
– Experience with ticketing/agile planning systems
– Proven expertise in change management – have performed a large migration or deprecating campaign at an enterprise before.
– Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. With data centre locations in the U.S., Europe, Singapore, and Japan, customers across all industries are taking advantage of our low-cost, elastic, open and flexible, secure platform.
How to apply: Using AWS, businesses can take advantage of Amazon’s ability and economies of scale to get access to resources when their business needs them, delivering results faster and at a lower cost. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information