A town planner is a professional who practices in the field of urban planning with responsibilities vary among jurisdictions, and sometimes within jurisdictions. Regulation of land use and development is achieved via the drafting and adoption of planning instruments designed to influence the land use and built form goals of the jurisdiction. The town planner is tasked with the preparation of planning instruments and zoning plans.
Further, given urban development is rarely static and the goals of urban planning change from time to time, the town planner will be responsible for continuously maintaining planning instruments and zoning plans to make sure they are kept up-to-date. This town planner role is a leading consultancy paying up to £60,000 with a car allowance and much more benefits.
Location: London (Central), London (Greater)
Salary: 60,000 Per Annum + Car Allowance + Benefits
Closes: 20 Sep 2017
Sector: Planning & Development
Job Role: Planner
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: the Full Time
Associate Director Town Planner Duties/Responsibilities
– Day to day running of a range of planning projects under the direction of a Director.
– Client liaison and representation of the business in client meetings and external meetings with local planning authorities and other stakeholders.
– Liaison with the public in connection with projects and consultation events.
– Responsible for a varied planning caseload including planning applications, objections, appraisal, monitoring and strategic planning advice under the direction of a Director
– Provision of support to senior staff and help with developing strategy advice on a range of projects.
– Management of time and workload under the direction of Director.
– Continuing professional development relating directly to projects and development of wider planning knowledge commensurate with role and experience.
– Maintaining and developing technical knowledge and securing a thorough working knowledge of all aspects of planning law.
Qualifications and Essential Skills
– Full membership of Royal Town Planning Institute.
– Educated to degree level ( the focussed alternative first degree to planning often an advantage) with right professional qualification.
– Excellfocused report writing skills. – Ability to develop arguments and to find key concepts and give to strategy development.
– Ability to think laterally and strategically.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Good time management skills and full appreciation of the commercial context of working in a busy consultancy.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
11 total views, 1 views today