The National cooperative bank is looking for a real estate credit analyst to provide credit analysis, mortgage underwriting, cash flow modelling and support for the business development officer for new loan originations, mortgage securitizations, and portfolio management. The cooperative bank provides comprehensive banking services to cooperatives and other member-owned organizations throughout the country. What makes NCB unique is that the bank was created to address the financial needs of an underserved market niche people who join together cooperatively to meet personal, social or business needs, especially in low-income communities.
The cooperative bank mission is to help cooperatives grow by supporting and being an advocate for America’s cooperatives and their members, placing special emphasis on serving the needs of communities that are economically challenged. National cooperative bank Human Resources department manages all employment inquiries. Our Cooperative Heritage Cooperatives are based on the values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy and member-equity.
Banking Industry Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst Job description
– The Credit Analyst will be responsible for underwriting commercial real estate transactions for the bank. They will analyze potential new business for portfolio and secondary market transactions while managing the banks current CRE portfolio. – Work closely with loan production for the purposes of prospecting new transactions, analyzing the credit quality of prospective business, and managing the risk of current CRE portfolio.
– Functions will include credit analysis, due diligence, minor closing tasks and loan processing.
– The analysis includes preparing and reviewing a spreadsheet of historical financial data, evaluating the impact of new debt on current cash flow, sensitizing projections for worst-case scenarios and comparing ratios to industry averages. In addition to the financial review, a collateral and industry assessment is included in a written presentation, which also summarizes strengths and weaknesses of credit and a recommendation to decline or approve the request. 50%
– Responsible for processing the committed transaction and submitting deals for approval. Incumbent must possess the ability to present both committed transactions and prospective deals to the CRE Credit Committee for approval.
– The real estate Credit Analyst will underwrite and perform risk analysis permanent mortgages, for property acquisition, refinance and construction facilities.
– Underwriting encompasses cash flow modelling, asset valuation, debt structuring & pricing, due diligence (environmental, appraisal, feasibility and engineering reports), analyzing market conditions, lease review, loan document review, closing and loan administration. 35%
– Provide portfolio and industry analysis as necessary for portfolio and prospective new business. Stay abreast of market conditions and other changes that impact the conduit line of business using the Internet and other research tools. Attend industry-related conference and seminars. 10%
– Assist the Capital Markets group with loan sale activity and support the affordable housing and Mission Bank activity. 5%
Banking Industry Commercial Real Estate Credit Analyst Qualifications and Experience
– BA/BS in finance, business administration or real estate finance; National Cooperative Bank
– 3-5 years experience in a real estate, commercial banking or capital markets department.
Fundamental knowledge of real estate finance, mortgage underwriting and secondary market investments.
– Construction experience is preferred.
– Demonstrated analytical, cash flow modelling and conceptual skills.
– Strong credit & risk analysis skills, presentation skills and Microsoft Office and Excel spreadsheet skills.
– Create models used to evaluate the strength of borrower’s cash flow and its viability to provide for primary and secondary sources of repayment, as well as models to assess refinance risk.
– Underwriting the financial strength of an individual, including the analysis of personal financial statements and personal/corporate tax returns.
– Strong knowledge of loan structuring with the ability to balance bank goals and borrower expectations.
How to apply: If you believe you may be right for this job and you are qualified, please visit the application website for more detailed information
68 total views, 3 views today