The BGIS Senior Corporate Real Estate Manager will be responsible for management of the company real estate portfolio. BGIS is a leading provider of real estate management services, including facilities management, project delivery services, energy and sustainability solutions, building performance management, workplace advisory and management, and real estate services.
BGIS inspires better business performance across its client’s real estate portfolios by developing and implementing real estate and facilities management strategies. Globally, BGIS manages over 300 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Senior Corporate Real Estate Manager Budget Development & Management
– Develop an annual forecast for each facility and as a whole
– Develops and maintains financial controls standards for all initiatives according to budget guidelines
– Manages processes and reports including standard cost reports, forecasting and project schedules, and reports on performance variations
– Assists in the development and oversight of capital improvement plans for each facility
– Oversee development of project estimates/budgets and present/review with leadership to gain agreement to proceed with projects.
– Oversee and direct all capital expenditures for the construction and alterations of office facilities, infrastructure and leased real property.
– Act as tenant/BGIS local representative liaison to make sure that all tenant construction activity & landlord work are well-coordinated, organized & proactively managed, & in fulfilment of lease obligations
– Oversee development of preventative maintenance and capital plans for all office locations.
– Establish guidelines for office build outs, accommodating local needs and customs on a North American basis.
– Oversee the selection and contracting process for consultants and construction teams.
– Working with internal subject matter experts, develop and implement systems to monitor project performance to plans, budget, schedule, design standards, project management reporting processes, quality control and commissioning, ensuring support of our sustainability objectives
– Ensure effective communication and customer service during all phases of a project, keeping team members, senior leadership, our employees, well informed of project status and impact of their operations.
Senior Corporate Real Estate Manager Procurement
– Collaborates with Procurement and supply chain administration teams to source and qualify vendors, source and procure goods and services used by the internal teams in the performance of duties.
– Ensures the availability of an adequate inventory of tools and other supplies to operate the facilities.
– Work with internal transactions team to manage all lease negotiations and portfolio management across all Americas locations.
– Oversee the development of thorough plans for the opening, expansion and ongoing maintenance of all future offices across North America.
– Develop a thoughtful and comprehensive workplace, lease and space planning strategy based on short and long-term business needs, aligned with our culture that promotes a productive, collaborative and fun environment for our employees across North America.
Senior Corporate Real Estate Manager Tenant Relations/Operations Management
– Maintain positive tenant relationships through professional & effective responsiveness & proactive consideration of tenant issues, thereby ensuring that tenant expectations & landlord criteria are being consistently met.
– Responsible for all relevant tenant communications.
– Coordination of tenant/BGIS events, tenant/BGIS appreciation events.
– Meet with tenants /BGIS representatives, vendors, contractors & senior management as needed to review & provide support to resolve operational challenges & implement new initiatives.
– Accountable for the health & safety of operations within the building.
– Assist in the preparation & implementation of initiatives to increase & uphold the quality & effectiveness of tenant/BGIS team members.
– Ensure insurance & contract files are complete, accurate & current.
– Ensures all regulatory inspection, audit and compliance requirements have been performed to make sure all statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met and all related documentations are created and maintained
– Manage & report non-conformances & critical incidents (AWARE)
Senior Corporate Real Estate Manager Knowledge & Skills
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in a relevant discipline, or a professional certification in Facilities/Real Estate Management.
– Demonstrated Real Estate Facility Management experience with multiple buildings and locations nationally which are typically noted with up to 10 years’ experience
– Must be competent across all Real Estate streams, specifically Portfolio Management, Project Management, Facility Management and CRE Cost Management.
– Ability to create and manage multiple large-scale working and capital budgets
– Exceptional judgment and strong interpersonal skills to be comfortable, effective and persuasive in dealing with employees, senior management and the executive team.
– Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to influence and partner with key stakeholders across the organization, and a track record of implementing organizational change by fostering collaboration and consensus building.
– A keen eye for detail in the day-to-day management of workspaces while having a strategic mindset and able to balance both short and long-term goals.
– Experience working with internal and outsourced project managers and internal support groups and external service providers.
– Experience in overseeing planning, design, construction bidding/leveling process, renovation projects, and vendor governance within the design and construction as well as delivering projects on time and on budget
– Extensive experience with project management of office fit out and infrastructure construction.
– Knowledge of current and emerging trends in commercial real estate, regulations, technologies, techniques and approaches in workplace engagement, space planning and allocation.
– Full understanding of all commercial real estate contract obligations.
– Solid level knowledge of building management from the perspective of responding to repair requests
– High degree of client service orientation and sense of urgency
– Solid level knowledge of health and safety requirements. Possesses a high degree of safety mindset
– Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset and seeks to improve processes and join best practices
– Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
– Knowledge of change management tools and practices is an asset.
– Ability to travel as required to support BGIS’s real estate footprint.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
– Certified Facility Manager through International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
– Certified Property Manager through Institute of Real Estate Management
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
15 total views, 1 views today