City of Calgary Senior Commercial Leasing Agent
City of Calgary employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities that support a city of over one million people. We are seeking a Senior Commercial Leasing Agent you will manage a large portfolio of commercial buildings, laneways, streets, easements, and other City-owned property.
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, and have a wish to learn and grow, join us and make a difference in the lives of Calgarians. We offer competitive wages, comprehensive health benefits and insurance, defined benefit pension plan, work-life balance, flexible work options, health-spending account, diverse and inclusive workplace, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs and more.
Senior Commercial Leasing Agent Primary duties include:
– Understand and interpret business unit’s requirements for leasing properties and locations.
– Work on high-profile and complex files and transactions.
– Coordinate leasing, renewals and subleasing along with land acquisitions and/or land leases.
– Research, analyze, interpret and evaluate lease rates and land sales data to decide the market value lease rates/land value.
– Review and approve Development Permit Plans for tenant upgrades on City-owned property.
– Evaluate, coördinate and administer commercial leases within the private sector for various City departments.
– Collaborate with Law to draft leases/license agreements and to check and recommend updates on all third-party leases and internal leases.
– Manage demolition projects by defining the scope of work and liaising with proper business units, real estate professionals, lawyers, appraisers and stakeholders and ensuring project deliverables are achieved.
– Represent the Real Estate and Development Services business unit on corporate initiatives related to leasing.
– A related degree in Real Estate, Business or a related field with at least 5 years of direct leasing and property management experience.
– Completed coursework from a recognized Institute of Property Management and/or a professional designation as a Real Property Administrator (RPA) or a Certified Property Manager (CPM) will be considered an asset.
– You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated negotiating skills and the ability to build consensus among stakeholders.
– You have the ability to work both independently as well as to be an effective team member.
– Strong leadership and coaching abilities along with a demonstrated customer focus.
Pre-employment Requirements: Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Compensation: $43.49 – 58.18 per hour
How to apply: A common purpose guides all our choices and decisions to make life better everyday. We expect the future and are committed to fostering a culture of innovation, creativity and best practices Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information