Data Center Operations Chief Building Engineer
Facebook is looking for chief building engineer to join the company data centre operation team. The Facebook data centres serve as the foundation upon which the software operates to meet the demands of our customers. The data centre chief building engineer will work with the management team to facilitate operating and maintaining the data centre. Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
The global teams of Facebook are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to allow people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities we’re just getting started. The candidate will need to be experienced in diverse industries such as electrical generation, electrical distribution, cooling technologies and fire suppression systems. This person must be highly motivated with the ability to supervise others. This role will be based in Henrico, VA.
Data Center Operations Chief Building Engineer Responsibilities
– Manage CFE (Critical Facility Engineer) shift staff: Provide direction, review work, support delivery of training, and provide performance feedback.
– Support the creation, review and approval of Critical Environment rules.
– Ensure adherence to Facebook Safety Policy and Procedures.
– Oversee Computerized Maintenance Management System usage and reporting.
– Back-up the Facility Manager as a point of contact for clients and project teams.
– Maintain positive and professional working relationships with internal and external teams.
– Respond to customer requests for service.
– Perform routine maintenance tasks in accordance with Facebook Safety Policy and Procedures.
– Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
– Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend system upgrades.
– Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs.
– Solicit proposals for outsourced work.
– Work with vendors and contractors to make sure their work meets Facebook standards.
– Maintain operating budget for the facility.
– Perform all maintenance to make sure the highest level of efficiency without disruption to the business.
Data Center Operations Chief Building Engineer Qualification
– High school diploma or GED
– 5+ years experience in team management
– 3+ years experience in critical facilities operations
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
This role may occasionally shadow other roles and perform work requiring the following Job Conditions and Demands:
– Regularly walk job site areas of flat and uneven terrain.
– Work at varying heights and from ladders.
– May lift and/or otherwise move 45 pounds or more.
– Use hands and fingers
– Reach/push/pull with hands/arms/shoulders
– Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
– 5+ years experience in a data centre or other critical environment
– Trade Certification or state license in Electrical or Mechanical (HVAC)
How to apply: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information