The Milton Keynes Real Estate team is looking for an experienced senior real estate associate with the good experience of landlord and tenant, commercial real estate and development work. Dentons is the world’s largest law firm, delivering quality and value to clients around the globe. Dentons is a leader on the Acritas Global Elite Brand Index, a BTI Client Service 30 Award winner and recognized by prominent business and legal publications for its innovations in client service, including founding Nextlaw Labs and the Nextlaw Global Referral Network.
The Milton Keynes Real Estate team works on a wide variety of real estate transactions, both domestic UK transactions and supporting activities of the firm’s global clients. We deliver a client-focused responsive service for blue chip clients who expect the highest quality, great value and the delivery of excellent work. They, and we expect our lawyers to be specialists in their sectors, and to be proactive and commercially minded.
Dentons Senior Real Estate Associate Job Description
– Advising Sainsbury’s on a large portion of their portfolio, including their fast moving Convenience “Local” stores.
– Acting for most of the UK banks, and many other funding parties, on several high-profile real estate funding transactions.
– Acting for a large Developer on a large regenerations project in London to build a new Football Stadium, Hotel and approximately 100 high-end apartments.
– Representing Nokia in the sale of the Vertu brand, alongside our corporate team in London and internationally.
– Acting for a Middle Eastern investor on its sale of a trophy investment site in Pimlico, London for c. £70m and the subsequent purchase of a similar investment for similar value.
– We are acting for an Islamic Bank in the grant of a sharia compliant Ijara facility to a customer of the Bank seeking to purchase a property for £20m.
– Advising Network Rail, since appointment to their panel last year, on a range of large Rail projects and management of their portfolio across the UK.
– Acting for a large hotel owner in the listing of a portfolio of English and Scottish hotels and apart-hotels on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
– Acting for Virgin Active on new landmark health clubs in London
– Acting for Administrators on a large pub-sector administration affecting multiple sites.
– Acting for major/blue chip tenant occupiers in the Retail and/or Leisure sectors
– Advising on and negotiating Agreements for Lease (incl. conditional agreements involving licensing or planning) and Development Agreements.
– Due Diligence and corporate support
– Maintaining and developing client relationships
– Active participation in business development events and activities.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
– Candidates will ideally have a minimum of four years experience, however, we will consider all candidates with suitable skills and knowledge.
– Excellent technical and client handling skills.
– Experience of all aspects of Lease negotiation and Lease re-gears or re-structuring work and/or surrenders and re-grants.
– Experience of sales and leasebacks, title investigation, Land Registry and real estate taxation including SDLT and VAT.
– Experience of Law Society Certificates of Title particularly for financial institutions.
– Some experience of acting on development projects working with colleagues in other departments (eg Construction, Planning).
– Committed to developing personally and professionally.
– An enthusiasm for maintaining and developing client relationships.
– A proven ability to work for a variety of partners/colleagues and for a number of clients simultaneously.
Dentons significant clients include: J. Sainsbury, Taylor Wimpey, Virgin, Network Rail, Willmott Dixon and Zolfo Cooper. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
17 total views, 1 views today