Design Build Search serves clients and candidates alike from sectors including but not limited to large-scale Life Science Multinationals, General Contractors, Developers, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, M&E, Architecture, Specialist Contractors and more. We have an opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor with one of Ireland’s premier contractors. Developments include Commercial, residential, Pharma and High-end fit-outs.
Our Recruiters have worked within the construction sector in Ireland, Europe and the Middle / Far East and have since redirected the knowledge, experience and global network of contacts to bring the very best in class service to our client base across Ireland, UK and internationally. We have a very senior team of highly skilled, construction qualified recruiters who all have a genuine passion for the construction industry.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Role and Responsibilities
– Analyse blue prints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
– All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
– Experience in project management
– Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
– Competent in all forms of estimating packages, Microsoft excel and word
– Consult with clients, vendors, staff in other departments or construction manager/supervisors to discuss cost.
– Monitor cost from vendors or subcontractors explores variances, managing issues in conjunction with the manager, deals with cost overseas and recovery.
– Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for a purpose such as planning, organising and scheduling work.
– Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project manager.
– Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking real costs relative to bids as the project develops.
– Set up cost monitoring and reporting system and procedures.
– Conduct special studies to develop and set up a standard hour and related cost data to be effective on cost reduction.
– Hold a degree in construction economics or Quantity Surveying
– Minimum 10 years’ experience
– Ability to price and estimate project
– Ability to agree on last accounts, negotiations with sub-contractors
– Negotiable salary
– Ancillary benefits
– Health Care/ Pension
– Company vehicle
How to apply: Previous Irish or UK experience is essential must have a proven track record with recent and relevant experience on similar role. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
14 total views, 1 views today