CityCAD is a new urban planning design software for the conceptual 3D master planning of sites from 1 hectare up to about 200 hectares in size. It can easily be used to sketch a layout of streets, adjust the sizes of buildings or the densities of blocks, and watch as CityCAD automatically and instantaneously estimates quantities, dwelling numbers, car parking requirements and much more.
Unlike other CAD tools, CityCAD has been created specifically for the needs of urban planning design and planning community and enables integrated, holistic analysis of your master plan in the early design stages.
Features of CityCAD Urban Planning Design Software
– Draw streets and create a network of blocks and urban spaces
– Click on a block and set values such as residential density (e.g. 30 dwellings/hectare)
– Add more blocks or change the size of existing ones and watch as total numbers update automatically
– Quickly estimate total quantities of unit numbers, floor areas and car parking spaces
– Enter assumptions on energy and water use per unit, and watch as totals update
– Use a ‘tree spray’ tool to quickly add trees to parks and other green spaces
– Add assumptions on build costs, sale values or capitalized rental values, and watch as totals update
– Import CAD models of houses and other buildings, and arrange them automatically around the perimeter of urban blocks
– Export quantities and values in an Excel spreadsheet
– Quickly test a large number of options very quickly
How to Integrated CityCAD with your existing CAD tools
CityCAD urban planning design software was created for conceptual master planning and is generally used at the start of projects to test ideas and analyse master plan strategies. It can also be used for more detailed master planning but is not intended for use at the detailed scheme design and construction stage.
The following information can be exported at the right time when using this software
– Street centre lines and block outlines can be exported to more detailed civil engineering applications for road, junction and earthworks design.
– The whole CityCAD model can be exported as a 2D or 3D DXF (CAD) drawing, which can be worked up in more detail in other applications such as AutoCAD or SketchUp.
– A schedule of all buildings, floors and other elements in the model can be exported to Excel, so the information can be used for preparing more detailed viability, leasing, planning, estate management or sustainability documentation.
– You can export headline data into a summary report that can be opened in Word. Download CityCAD and activate a built-in 30-day free trial. After this, there are several options:
73 total views, 1 views today