Standard Bank Group Johannesburg looking for a real estate project manager who will be responsible for the successful management and delivery of medium, large and more complex Real Estate Development and Capital Projects ensuring that these are completed on time within scope and budget. Responsibilities would include project planning, implementation, tracking, recording close out.
The real estate project manager will also handle perspective stakeholders and/or tenants as well as the management of different groups of professional consultants and/or contractors from varying disciplines including Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineers, Wet Services Engineer and Landscape Architect, Construction Health and Safety officials as well as overseeing other Real Estate Project Managers Projects.
Real Estate Project Manager Key Responsibilities
– Define the scope of the project.
Provide a high-level breakdown of the project estimate for each major activity.
– Determine and assign the required resources (time, equipment, etc.).
– Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
– Manage project success and benefits management.
– Develop and maintain Project Execution Plan (PEP).
– Managing the client by identifying the business need, problem or opportunity.
– Management of requirements by definition, collection and management of the requirements from a range of stakeholders into a consolidated project scope and brief.
– Assist with the development of Project Business Case.
– Implement and ensure control measures for cost, time and quality are in place.
– Control project in respect of cost, time and quality.
– Manage the construction project from start to finish (Including furniture deliveries and installations, people moves and installations).
– Obtain approval that the project can progress to the next phase of development or implementation (Gateway Reviews).
Real Estate Project Manager Accountabilities
– Ensures a suitable number of relevant experts are used to prepare estimates (depending on the type and needs of the REDPM Project).
– Compile the Feasibility Cost Estimate Report and present estimates for approval.
– Ensures that estimates are continually reviewed and revised throughout the project as and when new information becomes available and more is known about the project.
– Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines.
– Prepare and manage all programme / project cost activities.
– Manage the cost reporting from external contractors and provide the data in a way that fits into the overall REDPM Project Cost Reporting regime.
– Manage project accounting including budget management, approval of progress payments, tracking of team expenses and minimising the exposure to risk.
– Approve invoices/claims submitted by contractors and/or professional service providers and/or other suppliers are timely checked, verified and forwarded.
– Monitor and report on Cash flow.
– Control commitments against funding allocations.
– Prepare Purchase Order (PO) Requests / – Payment Requests for the approval.
– Producing monthly cost reports, integrate all types of cost data in the Cost Report Template and present.
– Manage Change Control Process.
– Manage contract financial close out and negotiating and agreeing on Final Account.
– Manage financial reconciliation and capitalization.
Real Estate Project Manager Preferred Qualification And Experience
– Building Construction Degree: A relevant degree in the built environment including BSc. Construction Management, QS, Civil / Structural Engineering, Architecture or similar).
– Minimum of ten years’ project management experience in a related environment. Construction site Project Management experience is preferable to understand the practical principles and practices of the project management discipline.
– Project Management: Project management qualification over and above the degrees in the built environment should not be a necessity but an advantage. A proven track record of construction project management experience is more important). A project management accreditation (Prince, PMP, PgMP etc.) would be an added advantage.
Project Management – Ability to plan, initiate, execute, control and close projects related to a relevant function
Project Planning – Negotiating and documenting the timelines, cost and resources based on a specific scope.
Project Definition – Supporting the process of defining the exact outcomes that projects are meant to achieve.
Requirements Risk Management – Assesses the ability to identify those requirements that most place the project at risk and once identified, the ability to analyse, quantify and create contingency plans
Project Reporting – Knowledge and skills to produce project status reports including progress, risks, issues, resource allocation and benefits realisation.
Programme Management – The ability to integrate multiple projects across different domains
Building Engineering – The ability to determine the requirements for electricity, water, air conditioning and other aspects of buildings.
Economic Research – Ability to acquire a greater understanding of trade, economics or relevant subject under study through the application of formal research methodologies.
How to apply: This unique footprint supports our strategy to connect African markets to each other and to pools of capital globally. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
15 total views, 1 views today