Greystar holdings offer a broad range of residential investment, development and management services for multifamily and student accommodation. Through our fully integrated model, our local expertise allows us to adapt to the specific needs and requirements of each region, delivering a world-class service throughout Europe. The company have an opportunity for an experienced real estate development manager to join the team to support the opening of the new offices in Frankfurt, Germany.
The Greystar holdings employees are the key to the success of our business with exceptional service at the heart of everything we do. This level of service is a result of their ability, a solid understanding of the markets they work in and a passion to offer outstanding experiences. Our aim is to further expand across the UK and Continental Europe by hiring local talent and staying true to Greystar’s core values of integrity, respect, professionalism, accountability, service and team work.
Greystar Holdings Real Estate Development Manager Role Summary
Within this role, you’ll lead and execute development projects from start through to the design, planning and construction phases and integration with operations during the life cycle of the project.
– You will support the execution of the Company’s development platform by managing the technical and construction side of the development processes.
– This will include the support of completing the technical side of the first acquisition due diligence, underwriting (financial modelling) and closing of real estate transactions and managing third party consultants through the project design and construction process.
Role Scope & Relationships
– The role will support the execution of development projects within German and Austrian markets.
– The role works closely with the Investment Director – Germany in the acquisition stage, taking responsibility for the technical side of the due diligence process, supporting the underwriting and closing of real estate transactions.
– The role works closely with the Investment Director – Germany, and is supported by the Senior Development Director – Continental Europe; to carry out and adapt Greystar’s global ways and standards to local standards.
– This role will work closely with colleagues, teams and senior leaders across Greystar that deal with the development process – investments, operations, construction, finance, legal, tax, compliance, design, marketing, communications, portfolio management and accounting.
– Works closely with the property management team to finalise budgets and project design plans accept units from construction on behalf of Owner and make sure all aspects of the project adhere to Company development standards, templates and quality level.
– This role will deal with a range of external stakeholders including local project management firms, construction companies, local city governments and other consultants, funders, partners, agents, contractors.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
As the successful candidate, you will need to be able to prove the following
– Strong development and project management experience; including the ability to oversee the entire life cycle of the development process and to complete development projects; and of supervising work provided by (technical) consultants, negotiating, managing and monitoring construction/technical related agreements such as the Design & Build and Turnkey agreements.
– Working knowledge of building regulations, technical building specifications, planning application processes and construction processes for Germany.
– Knowledge of multifamily (build to rent), student or related industry developments.
– Master’s degree in Real Estate, Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture (desirable)
– Excellent written and spoken German and English.
– Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to prove and support positive relationships communicate with tact and diplomacy and influence with impact at all levels.
– Resourcefulness to manage vendor and local developer / general contractor and internal counterpart relationships
– Strong organisational and project management skills in order manage multiple projects and priorities with an integrated approach
– Strong numeral skills; including the ability to manage and support accurate cash flow information and to complete financial records, budgets, and other financial reporting information.
– A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach along with the ability to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business goals.
How to apply: Send your CV and covering letter to Greystar Germany Careers via email@example.com, with reference GEHL-GER-001 in the subject line. Applications received through other means will not be considered. Your cover letter should include how your skills and experience meet the criteria outlined above. You can as well visit the application website for more detailed information
39 total views, 2 views today