International Rescue Committee First Aid Consultant
The International Rescue Committee is responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. The organization was founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the International Rescue Committee offers lifesaving care and life-changing help to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The International Rescue Committee leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee seeking for a first aid consultant that will be trained on occupational hazards, injuries or illness at workplace remains one of the major safety and security threat to International Rescue Committee staff deployed to a various location in various capacities either as support staff or direct program implementation. Such hazards or injuries can occur at any time and if not efficiently managed can have a catastrophic impact.
All the International Rescue Committee offices are equipped with first aid kits and as such requires staff to have the minimal basic knowledge on how to manage injuries which might occur at the workplace. The training will equip all cadres of staff drawn from the Base offices in Monguno, Gwoza, and Maiduguri with the basic first aid skills. Each office will thus be able to constantly put one trained staff on standby on a weekly rotational basis as duty first Aider.
International Rescue Committee Training Goal And Objective
– To equip International Rescue Committee staff with the basic first aid at work skills and knowledge.
– To test and certify the performance of International Rescue Committee staff attending the training.
– The trainer shall be expected to provide a detailed methodology within the proposal. The trainer must, however, note that the participants will all be adults working as security people; training methodologies must thus be suitable for people working in a health facility set up.
First Aid Consultant Accountabilities And Responsibilities
– The trainer shall report directly to the Security Liaison Manager, under whose docket the training will be conducted.
International Rescue Committee Shall Provide For
– Guidance throughout all phases of execution.
– Logistical arrangements – Air travel return ticket for one trainer from Abuja – Maiduguri
– Accommodation for 2 trainers at the humanitarian hub in Gwoza
– Trainers are responsible for their accommodation in Monguno
– Accommodation for 6 trainers in IRC approved hotel (Excluding transport to Maiduguri)
– Availing the full participants as per the agreement.
– Approval of all deliverables including final sign-offs for making payments.
– The consultant will be responsible for:
– Submitting a detailed proposal in conformity with the ToRs specified herein.
– Submission of all the required statutory documentation.
– Production of deliverables in accordance with contractual requirements
– Preparation of a detailed follow-up plan after the training.
– Adhering to IRC Safety and Security regulations.
Training Process And Timeline
The training will be conducted in Maiduguri at a training venue that shall be identified by the IRC and the field bases of Gwoza and Monguno. The training will run in four sessions of two days each between the following dates: 18th to 22nd December 2017
Mon 18h to Tue 19th: Maiduguri => 60 staff (17 from prog. 3 from ops)
Thur 21th to Fri 22st: Maiduguri =>60 staff (17 from prog. 3 from ops)
Tue 19th to Wed 20th: Monguno => 30 staff (26 from prog. 4 from ops)
Tue 19th to Wed 20th: Gwoza =>20 staff (18 from prog. 2 from ops)
Total participants -170
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
http://www.akinlawrence.com/international-rescue-committee-first-aid-consultant/https://i1.wp.com/www.akinlawrence.com/wp-content/uploads/International-Rescue-Committee-First-Aid-Consultant.jpg?fit=450%2C300https://i1.wp.com/www.akinlawrence.com/wp-content/uploads/International-Rescue-Committee-First-Aid-Consultant.jpg?resize=350%2C300CareersInternational Rescue Committee,International Students,Iowa State University,Scholarship,Scholarships,University International Students,University of Derby Regional