Microchip Technology Senior Corporate Apps Engineer
Microchip Technology Inc. is the leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analogue and Flash-IP solutions, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Microchip serves over 70,000 customers in more than 65 countries who are designing high-volume embedded control applications in the consumer, automotive, office-automation, communications and industrial-control markets worldwide.
As the senior corporate Apps engineer, you will be a member of Microchip’s global Technical Support team. As a trusted technical advisor, you will recommend our clients through their technical challenges using Microchip’s tools, products and solutions.
Microchip Technology Senior Corporate Apps Engineer Job Responsibilities
– Provide technical support to enable clients to overcome hardware and software design hurdles. This involves engagement via telephone and electronic communications system.
– Analyzing clients’ feedback, reporting product defects & improvements discovered during the support process to Microchip product divisions.
– Authoring and reviewing articles for Microchip’s Knowledge Base, Application Notes, and other written collateral.
– Train internal and external clients on Microchip’s solutions and services
– Developing proof-of-concept solutions and reviewing development boards
– Work as a team member for the expert group in your designated area of ability. This would need periodic travel to US, ASIA and within Europe.
– Continuously and proactively develop technical skills in TCP/IP and Ethernet technologies
– Demonstrable skills in C programming
– Demonstrable skills in Embedded systems design ( Microcontrollers/Microprocessors) and software development.
– Experience in the TCP/IP, Ethernet and WiFi technologies and network protocols.
– Linux experience is a plus.
– Experience in circuit simulation, PCB layout, product development and box build.
– Experience with Microchip embedded development tools, emulators, simulators, compilers is a plus.
– Experience with analogue products is a plus.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to produce detailed documentation.
– Accomplished presentation and training skills
– Must be a team player, self-motivated, and able to work well with others
– Must be able to speak English. A second language such as German, French or Italian would be an advantage.
– Must be comfortable engaging with clients on the telephone.
Microchip Technology Senior Corporate Apps Engineer Qualifications And Experience
– Bachelor’s required. Master’s Degree preferred in a relevant engineering discipline (e.g Electrical, electronic or any associated engineering disciplines)
– 5 years or more experience in the relevant area.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information