The Real Mex Restaurants with a vibrant new vision for brands is recruiting the best team members to help in achieving the next groundbreaking innovations is paramount. The new Real Estate Vice President leadership team will encourage creativity and inventive ideas, and help reach these goals, we are looking for team members who are passionate, hardworking and eager to be at the forefront of Real Mex’s next chapter.
Real Mex Restaurants searching for trendsetters, pioneers, and tastemakers who will discover what’s next in revolutionary ideas. We pride ourselves in providing an enjoyable and imaginative workspace, but always know when it’s time to get down to business. As a leader in Mexican dining, we realize we couldn’t accomplish this incredible feat without having the very best team members, and like our relentless focus on creating a memorable guest experience at our restaurants, ensuring our team members are motivated by everyday real challenges is also our priority.
Real Mex Restaurants Real Estate Vice President Job Description
The Real Mex restaurants Real Estate Vice President will give strategic planning and growth as it relates to the development of new and existing restaurants to meet our corporate goals. The key responsibilities for the position will be:
Sourcing: Develop and manage partner, broker, and other industry relationships to generate deal flow and market ability. Establish bidding and negotiation strategy and adjust the same to respond to feedback during negotiations.
Building consensus: Internal consensus on valuation and transaction structure through proactive communication with all constituents.
Negotiations: Focus on identifying and mitigating risk, and generate creative solutions to resolve structuring challenges. Coordination with internal teams to request and address concerns related to the deal(s).
Leadership and team building: Consistently show leadership in partnering with other internal teams, and in developing junior team members. He/she will strive to gain the confidence of the senior team and board members.
– Support the Site Selection Real Manager on the new restaurant real estate strategy to meet opening goals.
– Identify markets and trade areas for future expansion
– Engage brokers to help carry out new store expansion strategy
– Work with the Legal department and outside counsel to draft and negotiate letters of intent, leases and another real estate related legal documents
– Maintain and oversee the implementation of the New Restaurant Roll-Out Schedule
– Provide analytical support for strategic business decisions in real estate development
– Represent the company in the acquisition and disposition of real estate throughout the U.S.
– Maintain a database of potentially viable restaurant and office space locations.
– Draft transaction forms including but not limited to letters of intent (LOI’s), buyer representative agreements and co-broker agreements.
– Interface with prospects to successfully define the limits, transaction terms and limitations surrounding the deal.
– Participate in contract negotiation and due diligence efforts in all transactions.
– Work with others to make sure that all construction dates are met for new location openings and relocation.
– Maintain and update lease activity reports for management review
– Monitor national retail real estate market activity for trends and new developments.
– Lead a team of with functional responsibility for Site Planning & Design, Research and Lease Administration
– Analyze and evaluate data on a wide variety of real estate matters.
– Oversee and provide insight into the negotiations and document lease extensions and other lease amendments.
– Collaborate with the Company’s legal team regarding lease negotiations and lease revisions.
– Minimum of 10 years’ experience in retail real estate.
– Five years of experience leading and developing a multi-functional real estate development team
– Excellent computational, analytical and excel skills
– Excels in a high-impact position within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
– Highly organized with a keen sense of moving things forward to positive end results
– High-quality analytical skills with an emphasis on the development process
– Strong work ethic and positive attitude
– Ability to work on multiple projects at once
– Ability to work under tight time constraints while quickly learning new ideas and concepts
– Extensive development and real estate experience in a growing multi-site restaurant business with parallels to Real Mex Restaurants
– Highly collaborative team player who demonstrates his/her ability to add strategic value to the senior management team.
– Superior negotiation skills and an established network in the US, he/she brings a track record of securing sites that support the growth and financial goals of a growth oriented restaurant company.
– Extensive experience with all aspects of retail lease transactions from site selection, negotiation, construction and legal.
– Experience developing short-term and long-range real estate development strategies.
– Ability to think strategically and work independently
– Attention to detail
– Must understand principles of real estate development, design, finance, and construction.
– Effective presentation skills
– Problem solver and creative thinker
– Ability to interact with government officials, consultants and citizen groups
– Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
– Exceptional relationship building skills
– Highly organized and able to adapt to quickly changing priorities.
– Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work well with all levels of management
– The Real Estate Vice President requires 40% travel.
– Education, Certifications, and Licenses
– Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on finance, engineering, design, planning or law. Graduate degree preferred.
– Real Estate, law, planning, architecture or engineering certificates are helpful but not required.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
13 total views, 1 views today