Real Mex Restaurants is seeking for a passionate; team centric Site Selection Real Estate Manager to help the Vice President of Real Estate in executing its real estate portfolio goals and aims. Real Mex is interested in making strategic acquisitions of other restaurant brands and nearly doubling in size over the next year. The Ideal candidate would have a strong legal and financial background.
Real Mex Restaurants is the largest full-service Mexican restaurant operator in the United State. Headquartered in Cypress, California, and our portfolio of brands include: El Torito Restaurants, Acapulco Mexican Restaurants, Chevys Fresh Mex® Restaurants, El Torito Grill Restaurants, Las Brisas Restaurant in Laguna Beach, CA, Sinigual Restaurant in New York City and the company’s latest brand introduction, Who Song & Larry’s in Orange, CA.
Site Selection Real Estate Manager Job Summary:
The ideal candidate must have strong analytical, organizational and negotiation skills in addition to experience with construction management, project management and ground leases. He/she must be a strong real estate/construction generalise with site selection and lease administration experience.
The Site Selection and Real Estate Manager will be responsible for leading Real Mex Restaurants site selection processes, the vetting and implementation of a lease administration software package and supporting new restaurant construction. This person will confirm market potential and site selection criteria for Real Mex businesses.
This position will lead market development and site selection efforts across the United States. This position with work closely with Facilities, Design, Development and Construction management and oversee the management of commercial real estate brokers.
– Background in real estate development or an understanding of restaurant leases is highly desirable
– Willing to travel domestically as need (30-50%) at times
– Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and come up with commercially and creative solutions
– Ability to manage multiple projects and coördinate with internal team members, consultants, vendors and external stakeholders
– Proven ability to apply critical thinking to complex situations
– Experience in leading complex negotiations, including economic development incentives, contract formation and contract negotiations
– Proven track record as a Team Lead or Program Manager
– Time and Project management skills
– Negotiate Letters of Intent (LOI) to be used for lease preparation and lease negotiation
– Ability to interact with and effectively present to the Real Mex Senior Leadership team
– Understanding of restaurant real estate concepts, practices and procedures
– Ability to research and understand real estate market trends and information
– Execution of market development expansion plans in a high growth environment, as well as right sizing portfolio to align with company goals and objectives
– Build consensus for existing and proposed site decisions and prepare business cases for approval (including the documentation of strengths and/or weaknesses of potential sites).
– Capable of preparing and maintaining market development plans
– Communicating with internal partners regarding progress of securing sites
– Knowledge and understanding of financial concepts (IRR, EBITDA, NPV, Gross Margins, etc.)
– Must be able to deliver results or projects in a timely manner
– Ability to interact with internal business units, stakeholders to ensure primary responsibilities are aligned with the Company’s strategic direction
– Strong analytical, creative thinking, written, and verbal communications skills
Site Selection Real Estate Manager Essential Functions
– Responsible for site selection criteria and modelling across all markets
– Conduct detailed research and due diligence for existing and new locations
– Provide regular and frequent project status reporting
– Work with Strategic Real Estate Partners throughout the US and VP to create consistent site evaluation checklist packages for Executive/Board presentations
– Analysis of growth potential within each market
– Primary responsibility for site selection negotiations in coordination with legal department for letters of intent, purchase agreements and ground leases
– Management of Landlord and Property Management communications and relationships
– Working knowledge of permit process and COO (Certificate of Occupancy)
– Manage lease expirations, renewals, estoppels and notifications
– Assist with securing building permits and related documentation of Lease Agreements
– Work collaboratively with the Development department to oversee new unit construction
– Develop and manage KPI’S (Key Performance Indicators) for Real Estate and Restaurant Development teams(s) to improve practices, measure performance and stabilize growth
– Continually keep up Real Estate files and Restaurant Development pipeline documents; including development schedules, master plans and archives
Site Selection Real Estate Manager Other Responsibilities:
– Assist in maintaining a restaurant of store projects/close-out binders and drawing files for new and existing units
Manage Close-Out Documents and TI (Tenant Improvement) process
– Management Site Selection Models and Reports: demographic reports, site analysis documents, mapping and financial analysis
– Excellent computer skills in all aspects of Microsoft Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project)
– Highly organized with strong attention to detail
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Complete, clean and crisp presentation skills
– Experience with site modelling and lease administration software
Site Selection Real Estate Manager Education and Experience
– Five years of project management experience directly related to multi-unit experience in either food service or retail
– Five years of site selection and acquisition experience in mission-critical, large-scale hospitality industries
– College degree or relevant experience
– Experience with either property or asset management
– Experience with site selection criteria, real estate brokers, Property Management. Lease and lease terminology
How to apply: Interested and qualified and candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information.
22 total views, 1 views today