Everything in life has the tendency to stay the same or worst still, come down except determined efforts are made, or certain rules are consistently and diligently applied to sustain it up thrust. If the universe, its components, its workings are established by God and sustained by certain principles. It follows that there are rules that govern, sustain and help to improve on whatever level of prominence you may have attained.
Achieving your goals in any facet or life is not just enough. Also important is sustaining and improving on that level of prominence. What is celebrated today may become obsolete tomorrow. Besides, this world is keenly competitive. Certain physical and spiritual forces are unrelenting at pursuing, catching up with you and overtaking you.
The Seven Rules of attaining Higher Ground
– Keep Settling New Goals: I do not count myself to have apprehended the Higher Ground; But one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead… (Philippians 3:13). There is no end to setting goals for as long as one is still alive. Thus, for as long as there is no end to setting goals, there is no end to achievement. The new level you are today is the product of the goals you set and diligently pursued yesterday.
To sustain where you are today, you must keep dreaming, keep envisioning, and imagine new level. There is always another new level of prominence after one level is attained
– Do more than you are doing now to meet your Higher Ground: The potential of God in you is inexhaustible. To perform below what you are capable of doing is to undermine your potential. Your beauty and significance will assume prominence when you stretch yourself. You must do more than you are doing now. Go the extra mile in reading, praying, working, researching, and in rendering services to God and humanity. It takes little or nothing to be lost in the crowd, but it takes an extra effort to arrive at higher ground and sustain it.
- “For I say to you that unless righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the Pharisees and scribes, you will by no means enter the Kingdom of heaven”. Matthew 5:20
– Be Preemptive in your approach to the Higher Ground: This simply means being sensitive enough to notice a and being anticipative of something before it occurs. It means to imagine a problem and solve it in your mind before it occurs or gets out of hand. A preëmptive person is a person that outthinks others. This calls for being spiritually sensitive and keenly observant of everything around you. Don’t take anything for granted, this what makes you higher above other.
– Be the first to proffer solution to human problems: “He who proffer solution get the promotion”. Anywhere in the world, people as well as organization support, promote, bless, and respect solution providers. Spend the remaining days of your life to think and work on how you will make life less frustrating, less burdensome, fulfilling and worth living for others.
– Uphold righteousness: Sin causes emotional wreck and sinks. It hampers internal drive. It kills creativity. It blocks divine inspiration. Spiritually, it empowers the devil to accuse you before God. No matter the level you may obtain, it does not take the devil a second to bring you from your Higher Ground to grass. Both in the scriptures and in our generation, the ghastly falls of some giants have been traces to indulgence in sin. So, decide to make righteousness your lifestyle and watch word, and your spiritual dominion is certain.
- “Righteousness exalts a nation. But sin is a reproach to any people”. Proverbs 14:34.
– Always connect and relate with those higher than you: To relate with snails is to think and move at snail’s speed. But to a company with the eagles is to think and move like an eagle. You will naturally assume the profile of whoever you are relating with. Relating with those higher than you will challenge and spur you to a new and greater dimension of thinking that will impact positively on your level of result and relevance. There is a strong tendency that those higher than you will pull you up to a level which is already higher than yours. Climb on the shoulder of giants, and you will see farther and move higher than them.
- “Iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friends”. Proverbs 27:17.
– Connect with the latest trend in your field: Towering above others sustainably requires that you connect or align yourself with updates of information, trends, technology, strategy, and so on as it affects your field of assignment. Be inquisitive enough to hear, know and work with the latest information. This will confer on you the status of a pacesetter and a role model as well as the force to be reckoned with among others. Finally, hunt for the latest, catch up with and run with it to meet the higher ground
126 total views, 1 views today