The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. Headquartered in New York City advocated for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. One of the main priorities of the United Nations was to “achieve international co-operation in solving international problems of an economic, social, cultural, or humanitarian character and in promoting and encouraging respect for human rights and for fundamental freedoms for all without.
UNDP is helping developing countries to attract and use aid effectively. In all their activities, United Nations Development Programme encourages the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women. UNDP recruiting to fill the vacant position of an operations intern. Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager/Administrative Associate, the Operations Intern provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Operations Intern promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
Operations Intern Job Description
– The purpose of the Internship Programme is to provide students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds exposure to development issues and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of UNDP.
– Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager/Administrative Associate, the Operations Intern provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
– The Operations Intern promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
– The Operations Intern works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery
UNDP Developing Countries Operations Intern Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
– Implementation of operational strategies
– Support to effective and efficient functioning of the unit (DRR’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit)
– Support to administrative and logistical services
– Support to office maintenance and assets management
– Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
– Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
– Provision of inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs).
– Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans.
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the unit (DRR’s office/operations unit/ administrative unit), focusing on achievement of the following results:
– Contacts with visitors and staff, the arrangement of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes.
– Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions.
– Translation of simple correspondences, when needed.
Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
– Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), Preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions
– Performance of a Buyer role in Atlas and preparation of POs for travel activities.
– Support to organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their preliminary evaluation. Preparation of POs.
– Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents.
– Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats.
– Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to the organization of common services.
– The arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
– Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
– Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of a stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
– Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
– Extraction of data from various sources.
– Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
– Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
– Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
– Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
– Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
– Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
– Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
– Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
– Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Eligibility: Applicants to the UNDP internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
– Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
– Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
– Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
18 total views, 1 views today