This is a Ghana Urban Mobility and Accessibility Project (GUMAP), a project financed by the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and implemented by the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development (MLGRD). The project’s overall expected impact is improved accessibility and mobility in the Greater Accra Metropolitan Area (GAMA). This is a contract for the Individual Consultancy Service for a Long Term Technical Assistant for improving Integrated Urban Mobility Planning and Public Transport Operations and Regulations in GAMA.
The main of the project is to provide continuous advice and on-the-job training to staff of the Greater Accra Passenger Transport Executive (GAPTE) as well as to relevant staff of the six Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) of GAMA involved in GUMAP on organization development, work methods, data collection and processing, strategic planning aspects, demonstration projects, and investment priorities. The expert will help set up GAPTE’s planning unit and a metropolitan observatory of urban mobility in GAMA.The assignment will last for two years.
Urban Mobility Planning and Public Transport Operations Scope
– Provide technical support to the six MMDAs involved in GUMAP in the establishment and improvement of their databases of public transport operators, the mapping of routes’ network, the evaluation of key indicators of performance, and the annual assessment of system performance and improvement;
– Formulate a method for improving the planning of public transport routes and services, taking into account the views of passengers and other stakeholders; give support to the concerned MMDAs in applying the method, preparing public transport restructuring plans with due regard to the complementarity of these plans across MMDAs, building a consensus with public transport operators, and implementing the plans; support GAPTE in its role of coordinating the public transport plans of the MMDAs;
– Provide, jointly with another long-term technical assistant (LTTA) for traffic planning and management, technical support to GAPTE and to the MMDAs for setting up a GAMA wide database of main indicators of accessibility and mobility;
– Prepare jointly with staff of GAPTE and the MMDAs policy notes on key mobility topics (public transport, non-motorized transport, medium-term infrastructure investment priorities, freight transport), and support the authorities in reviewing the proposed policies and building a consensus for action with all stakeholders;
– Identify, jointly with staff of the MMDAs, the regional and central offices of the Department of Urban Roads (DUR) of the Ministry of Roads and Highways and the LTTA for traffic planning and management, key operational and infrastructure
improvements for public transport and non-motorized transport, and support the feasibility studies and design of small-scale pilot investments;
– Provide technical support to GAPTE and to the MMDAs, in a learning process, with the employment of short-term technical assistance and the execution of studies by other consultants on various topics related to mobility planning and public transport;
– Participate, as required, in the forthcoming preparation by Ghanaian authorities with an international consultant of an urban development strategy for GAMA;
– Provide ad-hoc support to the MMDAs and GAPTE to analyze and address any other urgent urban mobility and accessibility issues;
– Provide on-the-job training to the staff of the MMDAs and GAPTE on all above topics, including through discussion of international best practices whenever relevant;
– Assist the MMDAs and GAPTE in the evaluation of their logistical and equipment needs for fulfilling their mandates about urban mobility planning and public transport;
– Assist the development of local consultants through ad-hoc support and dissemination of information;
– Take initiatives continuously to instil dynamism, sharing of experience and knowledge, and a “can do” spirit among main actors in the sector.
Minimum Qualification Requirements for the Urban Mobility Planning and Public Transport Operations
– The expert will have a Master’s degree in transport planning, economics, business administration, or equivalent; 10 years relevant job experience in sustainable urban mobility planning and public transport regulation, or similar; much field experience in formulating specific improvements in mobility planning and public transport regulations including in emerging countries, a proven ability to develop good relationships with relevant stakeholders,
– Excellent communication and writing skills, and skill in the English language (C1 or C2).
How to apply: The Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development now invites individual consultants to show their interest in providing the services for the Urban Mobility Planning and Public Transport Operations and Regulations in GAMA.
– Interested Individual consultants must provide information (Detailed Curricula Vitae and a Cover Letter), indicating that they are qualified to perform the services for the specific position described above.
– Individual Consultants will be selected in accordance with the rules for the selection of each consultant set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by the World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”) [January 2011 Version revised in 2014] which will be provided to the
candidate upon request or can be found on the World Bank Website.
– At least three consultants will be short-listed to be interviewed, based on each qualification and experience. Pre-selected each consultant or firms ready to provide each consultant will be requested to make a financial offer. The contract for this assignment may be signed by an individual or a firm proposing an individual consultant.
– Expressions of interest (One Original and Five Copies) must be delivered as hard copies or by email, clearly marked “Individual Consultancy Service for a Long Term Technical Assistant for improving Integrated Urban Mobility Planning and Public Transport Operations and Regulations in GAMA Interested people and qualified consultants should visit the application website for further information.
158 total views, 3 views today