10th Magnitude Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
The 10th Magnitude is looking for a cloud infrastructure engineer who can use Microsoft Azure to migrate, build, and run enterprise applications in the cloud. 10th Magnitude is a technology services firm helping businesses achieve transformation through cloud technologies. The company are market leaders in leveraging the power Microsoft Azure to accelerate innovation speed, operational agility and customer responsiveness for clients around the globe. As one of the top Microsoft Azure partners in the US we specialize in Azure Migration, Cloud-Scale Custom Application Development, Internet of Things, Analytics and DevOps achieved through Azure-Enabled Infrastructure Automation.
10th Magnitude is a member of the Microsoft Azure Partner Advisory Council and a Gold Cloud Platform Microsoft partner, 10th Magnitude is headquartered in Chicago and rapidly expanding across the central US. As one of the top consultancies in United State, 10th Magnitude is looking for a cloud infrastructure engineer with the ability to help them migrate their applications to hybrid and public Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). Compensation and Benefits. 10th Magnitude offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus commensurate with experience. 10th Magnitude has a complete benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and short-term disability. 10th Magnitude also provides a 401(k) retirement plan.
10th Magnitude Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer Responsibilities
Migration Management and Execution. You will be responsible for working directly with our clients to plan and implement their entire application portfolio migration to Azure. This includes assessing their ability to move, deploying the appropriate infrastructure, performance testing, and documenting operational changes.
Account Education. You will lead our clients to explore how they can take advantage of the complete Azure platform including IaaS, PaaS, and other technologies such as Azure Mobile Services and Azure Media Services. You will need to architect their roadmap and help them embrace the vision. Familiarity with application development is a big plus.
QuickStart Engagement. You will lead hands-on workshops with our clients who are just beginning the journey into the cloud. You’ll help them understand the basics of the platform, do initial planning on how to migrate their applications and deploy initial hybrid workloads (configuring VPNs, setting up operating portals, deploying IaaS VMs, and leveraging PaaS). The last step is moving and testing an actual production workload.
Vision and Architecture. You must be able to impart to our clients how advanced cloud architectures using both IaaS and PaaS will enhance their agility and ability to rapidly deliver solutions to their organization.
– Facilitate technical discussions and whiteboarding for project migration and technical solutions.
– Produce and manage client-facing documentation.
– Conduct implementation pilots and help customers envision a complete solution.
Qualifications and Required Experience
– 6+ years infrastructure consulting or implementation experience. Application development experience a big plus.
– 6+ years working directly with businesses/customers to understand business needs, and applying technology solutions to those requirements.
– Experience moving workloads from on-premise to IaaS (AWS, Rackspace, Azure, etc.) a big plus. Knowledge of SQL Server configuration and fundamentals a requirement.
– Networking fundamentals, including VPN configuration a requirement.
– Ability to design the architectures for integrating core infrastructure technologies in support of enterprise applications.
– Demonstrated an understanding of application infrastructure architecture fundamentals.
– Demonstrated experience in broad architectural skills, customer facilitation and solution selling.
– Experience with virtualization, storage and networking architecture.
– Experience moving workloads from physical to virtual environments.
– Strong Active Directory skills, including Group Policy Administration, Replication and Deployment experience.
– Systems Center experience a big plus, as is any DevOps (Chef) experience.
How to apply: If you have serious experience with the server and network infrastructures required to run high-performing corporate applications, then 10th Magnitude want to give you the ability to help grow and lead one of our fastest growing practice areas. Azure experience is great but not required, 10th Magnitude will train you in the fundamentals, but a passion for helping clients succeed in the cloud is required. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information.