African Sun Amber Residence Limited Purchasing Officer
Amber Residence Limited is one of the leading and fastest growing hotel and leisure groups in Africa with business and resort destinations throughout Ghana, Nigeria and Zimbabwe. The Purchasing Officer will be responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost-effective way, timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications. Discuss defective or unacceptable delivered goods with clients, manufacturers and transporters to determine the cause of problems while taking corrective and preventive action immediately.
Amber Residence Limited Entry level Purchasing Officer Detailed Job Description
– Forecast procurement needs.
– Build and develop relationships with key reputable manufacturers/suppliers
– Secure (3 – 5) manufacturers for each product at varying costs and qualities
– Obtain best pricing terms with manufacturers/suppliers
– Obtain best credit facilities, terms of payments and profit margins with manufacturers/suppliers
– Perform a market survey of supplier’s prices and products every quarter.
– Review quotations; negotiate prices, delivery terms with manufacturers and suppliers.
– Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issue purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
– Maintain procurement files in an orderly fashion and updated by the day.
– Provide price lists and product knowledge materials to Financial Controller from time to time.
– Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships with manufacturers/suppliers.
– Initiate and design department policies & ways in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
– Develop and review purchase requests and make sure of authorization as necessary to ease the timely purchase of the Residence supplies products.
– Maintaining least reorder levels before placing orders
– Gathering market, customer information and providing feedback on future buying trends.
– Checking quantities of goods displayed and those that are in stock.
– Any other duty as assigned by the Financial Controller.
Educational Requirements and Requirements
– Minimum Qualification: BSc or HND in any Social/Management related discipline
– Professional certification in CIPSMN (Charted Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria) will be an added advantage.
– 4 – 6 years experience.
– Ability to detect risk areas
– Ability to meet the requirements of the workplace on time
– Ability to make sure that all documents are kept safe and in a retrievable way
– Ability to relate professionally with members of staff
– Knowledge of ACCPAC I/T application would be an added advantage
How to apply: This job originally appeared elsewhere. Interested and qualified candidates with Excellent communication and interpersonal skills should visit the application website for more detailed information.