APM Terminals Associate Rail Implementation Supervisor
APM Terminals is looking for a Rail Implementation Supervisor to join the company’s Information Technology department. APM Terminals offers the global shipping community a geographically balanced, integrated Global Port, Terminal and Inland Services Network which includes 55 operating container facilities in 34 countries with 16 new terminal development or expansion projects underway, along with 131 Inland Services locations in 49 countries.
The APM Terminals is involved in the provision of handling services at rail terminal points in Nigeria. This position requires an individual to plan and coördinate these operations across a number of sites in the country, in agreement with the Business Development and Inland Services team. The role is nominally based in Apapa but will need frequent travel. It is a highly operational role
The Transportation/Trucking/Railroad company is the largest container facility by the capacity of the three serving Lagos, Nigeria’s largest city and business centre. It is also the largest container terminal operation in West Africa having doubled container traffic after concession began in 2006, with drastic improved productivity APM Terminals is involved in the provision of handling services at rail terminal points in Nigeria.
The Rail Implementation Supervisor main duty is to plan and coördinate the company’s operations across a number of sites in the country, in agreement with the Business Development and Inland Services team. The role is nominally based in Apapa but will need frequent travel. It is a highly operational role.
– To a right candidate, we offer value and team-based leadership, an open and engaging working environment, and a lot of international career opportunities.
– Opportunities for personal growth in a dynamic environment.
APM Terminals Associate Rail Implementation Supervisor Key Responsibilities
– This position Supervise the provision of cargo handling services at multiple sites, including management of third-party labour services
– Supervise the provision of warehousing, storage and transportation services
– Liaise with rail service suppliers for smooth operations
– Coordinate collection of relevant data for cargo handling and warehousing services provided and deliver regular reports on operational performance
– Manage service quality and monitor customer satisfaction levels for key off-takers
– Maintain safe working environment by enforcing safety standards and processes
– Support management of internal and external stakeholders critical to successful implementation of rail interim project: including APMT procurement & finance teams, vendors and consultants.
Qualifications and Requirements
– The candidate must have at least 5-year experience in marine or inland logistics or transportation
– Must have Entrepreneurial spirit to manage new services being put in place
– Must be pragmatic, strong ability to deal with ambiguity
– Must be good at managing diverse stakeholders at different organizational levels
How to apply: APM Terminals is staffed by 25,000 professionals across 64 countries and spanning five continents, we serve every major trade lane with a truly global presence, providing our customers with the most advanced terminal technology, equipment and operations in the industry. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information.