Appraisal Institute Real Estate Education Scholarship
Appraisal Institute is a global professional association of real estate appraisers, with nearly 19,000 professionals in almost 60 countries throughout the world. Its mission is to advance professionalism and ethics, global standards, methodologies, and practices through the professional development of property economics worldwide.
The institution advocates equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in the appraisal profession and conducts its activities in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Individuals of the Appraisal Institute benefit from an array of professional education and advocacy programs and may hold the prestigious.
Appraisal Institute is the world’s largest publisher of real estate appraisal literature. In addition to a series of general reference books, every year the Appraisal Institute adds to its extensive list of publications, covering contemporary practice issues, advances in methodology and technology, and the valuation of a lot of special purpose properties. The Appraisal Institute also publishes the award-winning Valuation magazine and The Appraisal Journal.
Professionals of the Appraisal Institute have access to a variety of benefits; including insurance programs, education and publications, networking and leadership development, AI services, business tools, marketing and public relations and travel. The Appraisal Institute also houses the Lum Library, which provides support for the research needs of AI professionals as well as the profession at large
Appraisal Institute Real Estate Education Trust Scholarship Description
The Scholarships is for full-time undergraduate and graduate students majoring in real estate appraisal, land economics, real estate, or allied fields. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Selection is based on academic excellence.
– Applicant must be a student majoring in real estate appraisal, land economics, real estate or allied fields.
– Applicant must be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior seeking an associate or bachelor’s degree.
– Applicant must be a Masters Candidate or Doctoral Candidate.
– Applicant must be a full or part-time student at a U.S. degree granting college or university.
– Applicant must have a strong academic record.
– Scholarship award must be used in the same academic year it is awarded.
– Eligible recipients may receive only one (1) AIET Scholarship per year.
– Completed application.
– Two-hundred (200) word personal statement discussing academic achievements, financial need, career aspirations, involvement in real estate field, and any qualifications considered relevant by the applicant.
– Current Resume (Preference is given to applicants with an appraisal internship).
– Official copies of all college transcripts.
– Two (2) letters of recommendation attesting to applicant’s work ethic, character and pursuit of a career in real estate appraisal, land economics, real estate or allied fields. Letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the Appraisal Institute Education Trust.
Appraisal Institute Education Trust
200 W. Madison Suite1500
Chicago, IL 60606
Over the last several years, the Appraisal Institute has expanded its education programs to Asia, Europe and the Middle East, and has a growing international presence. The organization also continues active involvement in regional and international real estate federations including the International Valuation Standards Committee, the International Real Estate Federation, the Union of Pan-American Valuation Organizations, the International Federation of Surveyors and the European Group of Valuers’ Associations