Astute Graphics Computer Software Web Developer
Astute Graphics is looking for a full-time web developer to help drive the continued growth of this established and profitable company. An exciting variety of projects include the graphics designing company’s existing customer-facing website, powerful behind-the-scene services and major new products planned for 2018. Astute Graphics is an award-winning developer of creative software tools used by designers worldwide over the last 11 years. Clients include many household brands such as Adidas, Disney and Apple as well as thousands of agencies and freelance creatives. The majority of purely digital product sales are handled automatically online via our astutegraphics.com site, with around 90% exported.
The graphic designing company award-winning products have received phenomenal recommendations and are used globally by clients such as Adidas, Apple, Bench, Esprit, H&M, Husqvarna, MTV, Nike, Nordica, Pentagram, Stranger & Stranger, Tupperware and Western Union. Astute Graphics is driven by its employees who show a passion for continuously enhancing the designer’s workflow. Founded by Nicholas van der Walle, the dedicated team consists of in-house software engineers, business developers and support colleagues.
Astute Graphics Computer Software Web Developer General purpose
– Perform a wide range of online design, maintenance and support activities for the Company and its employees.
– Pro-actively develop and improve the Company’s digital presence by applying continuously evolving technical skills and initiative.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
– Take ownership of the website visually, keeping the site up to date and consistent with the brand.
– Coordinate and work with our Marketing Manager and Web Development team to develop landing pages, static pages to market-specific services or features.
– Contribute ideas and design artwork to the overall brief
– Coordinating with Marketing to create and comply with visual design direction and guidelines.
– Assisting with writing and editing content.
– Create design solutions that have a high visual impact for marketing campaigns, projects and adverts.
– Ability to understand the implementation and maintenance of responsive front-end frameworks.
– Templating & implementation of HTML, responsive email and newsletters.
– Designing and developing future sites meeting modern requirements (including responsive, SEO, speed optimised).
– Designing and developing social media tie-in’s, competition forms (integrated with a third-party email service), email and promotional pages.
– Commissioning and managing outside professional services when required.
– Advising on how best to implement a digital marketing strategy to the website.
– Construct and support email and web page templates.
– Gain an understanding of software development standards and best practices.
– Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
– Ability to use initiative and idea generation
– Perform other duties as assigned
Web Developer Experience
– Web design and developments tools
– WordPress, including working within its plug-in architecture
– FTP, GIT
– Email (ideally MailChimp)
– Test & measuring
– Best practices for design and development duties
– Office software tools
Requirements and Experience
– Display initiative
– Good written and verbal English language skills
– Planning and organising
– Prioritisation skills
– Problem solving skills
– Attention to detail and accuracy
– Flexibility and adaptability
– Willing to continuously learn new skill
– A competitive salary
– Workplace pension scheme
– 25 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
– Modern spacious office environment in the beautiful city of Hereford
– Training opportunities
How to apply: Astute Graphics have values and ethics to conduct their business responsibly and fairly both with our valued clients and suppliers. These values transcend into our every day dealings whereby we make sure of speedy responses to customer queries and prompt payment to suppliers. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information.