Colliers International Chartered Building Surveyor
The chartered building surveyor will need the successful candidate to offer Building Surveying and Contract Administration Services to both Landlord and Occupier clients in the office, industrial, retail, licensed & leisure and private healthcare sectors. The candidate will be expected to take ownership of client instructions, engaging directly with the client and being responsible for financial control of the instruction, including the raising of fee accounts and working towards meeting an individual annual fee target.
Colliers International Group Inc. is an industry-leading global real estate services company with 15,000 skilled professionals operating in 68 countries. With an enterprising culture and significant employee ownership, Colliers professionals offer a full range of services to real estate occupiers, owners and investors worldwide. Services include strategic advice and execution for property sales, leasing and finance; global corporate solutions; property, facility and project management; workplace solutions; appraisal, valuation and tax consulting; customized research; and thought leadership consulting.
Chartered Building Surveyor Main Responsibilities
– Technical Due Diligence (Pre-Acquisition Building Surveyors)
– Preparing and negotiating schedules of dilapidation for Landlords and Tenants
– Schedules of Condition
– Party Wall Matters
– Building Insurance Reinstatement Cost Assessments
– Preparation of Specifications and Contract Documents for repair, refurbishment, alteration and fit-out projects
– Personally producing work for Clients in accordance with the division’s performance and best practice standards.
– Meeting personal performance targets.
– Continuously improving, and adding to, personal skills and knowledge base.
– Maintaining contact with Clients and RM’s so that relationships can be effectively and efficiently managed
– Seeking to develop new business, including cross-selling, identification of new business markets/sectors, and product improvement
– Maintaining excellent business awareness
– Maintaining an understanding of, and help achieve, the goals of the Department
– The candidate will also be expected to take part and support the department’s business development activities, and represent the department at both internal and external networking events
– In addition to servicing the clients of the Building Surveying and Project Management Division, the candidate will also be expected to work as part of a team in receiving and processing instructions referred to the department from property management and agency teams also based in the Manchester office.
– Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written)
– Must have excellent presentation and negotiation skills
– Must have excellent organisation and time management skills
– Must have proficient IT skills, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project)
– Must be able to work effectively as part of a team
– Must be willing to learn, to be proactive, and to contribute to the success of the Department
Qualifications and Experience
– Must possess the relevant degree of practical experience as a Building Surveyor within the commercial property market
– Must be an MRICS qualified Building Surveyor and have good technical and market knowledge
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information