If you are imaginative, have a great design flair and want to make a difference in the world as a digital designer. then apply for Ve’ahavta digital designer and Coordinator to execute the design work behind the Ve’ahavta brand and to ensure the message is delivered with impact and consistency. Ve’ahavta is a Jewish humanitarian organization dedicated to promoting positive change in the lives of people of all faiths and backgrounds who have been marginalized by poverty and hardship.
Digital Designer & Coordinator Responsibilities
- Ve’ahavta mobilizes volunteers in meaningful, hands-on experiences to fulfil our collective responsibility to care for our neighbour.
- As a digital designer, you will support both the marketing needs of the specific program departments, as well as the overall communications goals and objectives for the organization
Reporting to the director of communications, the digital designer and Coordinator create all the marketing materials starting from strategic planning stages through creative concept development, design, and production. The position is four days per week ( Monday to Thursday)
- Develop creative concept, design and refine all marketing materials, including but not limited to:
- General support materials such as brochures, posters, postcards, stationery, signage, promotional “swag”
- Fundraising support materials including cases for support, direct mail campaigns, presentations, holiday/tribute cards, print newsletters and proposal templates
- Event support materials such as invitations, sponsorship packages, signage and program books.
Digital Designer Online Communications
- Design web pages, update and maintain the organization’s website using WordPress
- Design digital fundraising campaigns and landing pages
- Run and monitor electronic mailing lists
- Create monthly e-newsletters including design, writing/compiling brief articles
- Create other digital marketing and program materials (e.g., graphics for online advertising, ebooks, etc.)
Social Media Responsibilities
- Develop social media plan and create and schedule posts on social channels (in collaboration with other team members) to increase engagement and network of supporters
- Prepare posts including photographs and videos for social media/digital advertising
- Monitor analytics
- Occasional photography of events/programs
- Video editing
- Ensure that Ve’ahavta communications are AODA and CASL compliant
- Other duties as assigned that are material to accomplishing the goals of the – Communications Department
Digital Designer & Coordinator Qualifications
- Completion of a graphic design university degree or college diploma
- 2-3 years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the following:
- Designing with Adobe Suite design software (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Managing websites using WordPress
- Creating e-newsletters preferably with iContact or similar software
- Creating other digital marketing collateral
- Up-to-date on current non-profit marketing trends
- Strong writing skills
- Able to be efficient in a lively and quick paced environment
- Tech savvy and able to learn new applications quickly
- Video editing, knowledge of HTML/CSS, SEO/SEM, and familiarity with Salesforce or another CRM would be an asset
- Able to work effectively independently and collaborate well within a team
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Knowledge of the Jewish community is an asset, but not required.
How to Apply
Interviews are being conducted now and the position will be filled as soon a suitable candidate is selected. Please include a covering letter specifying in this position along with your digital portfolio or samples of your creative design work with your application.
Forward your application to We thank all interested applicants but can only respond to those invited for an interview. Ve’ahavta is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.