Disney Parks and Resorts WDI Architecture Internships
Disney Parks and Resorts is looking for Architecture Intern who will work within the department that touches all aspects of our theme parks and resorts from concept to delivery of the built environments enjoyed by our guests. The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts crew and Imagineers across the globe share one vision—to give our guests opportunities to create memories with their friends, families and loved ones that will last forever. With five resort destinations around the world and a sixth under construction, four cruise ships, a magical vacation ownership program and our guided family adventures on six continents, we combine classic Disney storytelling, legendary guest service and the latest technology to bring our stories and characters to life in unexpected and unforgettable ways.
Disney Parks and Resorts WDI Architecture Internships Responsibilities
– Provide support to the project team for design and implementation of assigned projects and design intent
– Prepare Facility/Attraction base information documentation (e.g. existing condition descriptions)
– Provide design documentation in the form of graphic illustration, imagery boards, colour renderings, and research and documentation on assigned projects
– Perform various basic technical tasks and documentation, including base sheets, construction details, plans/sections/elevations, design drafting, 3D visualization, and general project coordination
– Develop varied architectural project work at all stages of assigned projects from concept, feasibility or schematic design through the preparation of construction documentation in accordance with established departmental and divisional quality standards
– Ensure that the design intent is achieved by successfully integrating facility design with allied disciplines and components of the development such as infrastructure, area development, grading/drainage, lighting, graphics, structural and MEP engineering, etc.
– Prepare specific deliverables including, but not limited to: base sheets, hardscape, planting designs, visual intrusion studies, material schedules, etc.; make sure adherence to department/divisional Standards of Practice
– Be responsible for coordinating and communicating Architectural design issues within the project team; support implementation of project goals/objectives through problem-solving and development of design solutions
– Monitor budget hours for assigned tasks
Support the facility construction cost estimating process through collection of data for review
WDI Architecture Internships Basic Qualifications
– Working knowledge and experience in the use of building materials and products for thematic applications
– Demonstrated proficiency in CADD (Revit and/or AutoCAD) and digital illustration tools such as Maya, Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, and SketchUp
– Skills in 3D software tools
– Knowledge of architecture design and construction techniques
– Knowledge of related areas, including land planning, civil engineering, area development, lighting, graphic design, etc.
– Valid driver’s license required
Preferred and Required Education
– Two or more years of experience in architecture/design practice
– Membership in one or more professional organizations such as American Institute of Architects, Urban Land Institute, Construction Specifications Institute, or U.S. Green Building Council, is desirable
– Currently enrolled as a Junior or higher, or graduated within the past 6 months in an accredited college/university, earning a BA/BArch degree
– Currently earning an advanced degree in Architecture, Landscape or Urban Planning
A portfolio review is required for this position. For full consideration, please include a link to your portfolio on your résumé. Applicants without a portfolio link on their résumé, will not be considered to have a completed application packet and may not be fully considered for the position.
Materials Required: College transcripts (official or unofficial) – Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To Upload This Document
– Log into your dashboard at www.DisneyInterns.com
– Click the link labelled “Edit Profile Info”
– Click on the “Attachments” Tab
– Be sure your document is in the required title format: FirstName_LastName_Type (i.e. Mickey_Mouse_Transcript)
– Select document type of “Other”
Architecture Internships Internship Eligibility
– Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
– Must not have completed one year of continuous employment on a Disney internship or program.
– Must be at least 18 years of age
– Must have unrestricted work authorization
– Must provide full work availability
– Must provide own transportation to/from work
– Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Architecture Internships Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2018 through January 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Recommendation: Print This Role Description
Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly urge applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information