The Zune Video Converter is a totally free software to converts most popular video files (AVI, MPEG, MP4, FLV, MOV and other) to a Microsoft Zune compatible video format (WMV, MP4, M4V, MOV). Users can also extract audio tracks from video files to MP3, WMA, M4A or AAC format. With this free video converter, you can convert full movie or selected range only. You can limit output file size and set many parameters used by encoder: audio and video bitrate, fps, resolution, sampling frequency and other.
Zune Video Converter interface is very simple and user-friendly. To convert video files, just drag & drop them into the main window, select proper profile list, and click the Convert button. If the video quality is poor, increase video bitrate.
Zune Video Converter Features and Specifications
- Conversion from AVI, DivX, XviD, MPEG, MPG, WMV, ASF, MOV, QT, FLV, SWF, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, MKV, VOB, VCD DAT to WMV, MP4, M4V, MOV, MP3, WMA, M4A, AAC.
- Supported video codecs: WMV 7, WMV 8, MPEG-4 AVC, H.264.
- Predefined profiles for all types of Microsoft Zune players.
Portability. This program doesn’t use system registry and can be run from portable devices. All settings are written to INI file.
- Supported languages: English, polish.
100% freeware! – for private and commercial use. There are no limitations, watermarks, adware, spyware etc.
Directly convert DVD to Zune. (Some other software need to convert DVD to Avi, then convert Avi to Zune, which waste lots of time. We only need one step, direct convert DVD to Zune.)
- Support almost all kinds of DVD to Zune Movie / Zune Video format.
- Zune Video Converter supports various Zune video size including H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320 x 240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video: up to 2.5 Mbps, 480 x 480, 30 frames per sec., Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v
The video converting software needs a very low amount of CPU and system memory, has a good response time, quickly finishes a task and delivers videos with a fair image and sound quality. We have not come across any errors in our tests and Free Zune Video Converter did not freeze or crash. No recent updates have been made though.
You can download Zune Video Converter directly from Cnet.com software library for free. The following versions: 6.8, 6.0 and 5.0 are the most frequently downloaded ones by users. This download was scanned by antivirus and was rated as virus free.