Intercontinental Exchange Application Security Engineer
Intercontinental Exchange is a Fortune 500 company that operates global markets and clearing houses, and delivers information and technology designed to help companies around the world manage risk, access information and raise capital. We serve customers in over 70 countries with a team of world-class employees.
The company recruit passionate, knowledgeable professionals and offer a collaborative, results-oriented environment where they help build creative solutions to help our customers thrive in global markets. The Senior Application Security Engineer is part of a team responsible for ensuring that ICE produces and maintains secure applications.
The team member influences secure design, performs code analysis, identifies vulnerabilities through red-team and penetration testing, assists developers in remediation efforts, and communicates findings to our developers, QA teams and management.
Intercontinental Exchange Senior Application Security Engineer Core Competencies
– Teamwork works well with teammates locally and at remote offices; shares knowledge and is seen as someone to go to for help; contributes in weekly peer meetings.
– Problem-solving and decision making demonstrates a sense of urgency; takes ownership of problems and follows temporary fixes with permanent solutions; finds creative solutions.
– Communication is clear and correct in verbal and written communication; listens to peers and supported employees; follows directions and provides useful feedback.
– Professionalism makes a positive impression in person, via phone, and electronically; models a ‘can-do’ attitude; embraces more responsibility; refrains from office gossip or conflict; works extra hours as needed to make sure work is complete; adheres to corporate policy and encourages others to do the same.
Core Duties – IS AppSec (Application Security)
Application Identification and Review: Operates the Application Development Security Lifecycle from design review through automated and hands-on testing.
Standards and Policies: Maintains and contributes to Application Development Security Policies and standards.
Secure Design: Establishes security requirements early in the SDLC and contributes security subject matter ability during the development of new projects and releases.
Tool Management: Implements and maintains cutting-edge technology to assess the application and infrastructure security using static code analyzers, dynamic testing tools and vulnerability scanners.
Developer Education: Keeps software engineers apprised of secure coding practices and builds strong rapport and respect with the ICE application development community via training sessions, one-on-one education, Intranet blogs and other opportunities.
Analyst, Engineer, and Sr. Engineer Distinction
Seniority is determined by experience and demonstration of exceptional competencies including
– Documenting and effectively publishing technology guidance and repeatable processes
– Mentoring peers in groups and individually
– Improving processes and introducing superior technology
– Taking initiative to learn business goals, work with other departments, and show ways to increase productivity in other ICE groups and offices
Desirable Skills And Experience
– University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, CIS, or related discipline
– Hands-on experience with Systems Administration and/or IP Networking
– Software engineering experience in Java, C++, and/or related languages
– Experience in an exchange, trading facility, or financial services
Specific Technologies Java, C++, HTML5, .NET, iOS & Android, Checkmarx, WebInspect, BurpSuite, Nessus, Nexpose, RDBMS, SQL, Open Source Security Tools
Intercontinental Exchange diverse team is working to create and improve technology that solves market structure challenges for market participants around the world. Whether it’s designing and managing the tech infrastructure for global trading and clearing or developing leading-edge market data solutions, our teams are a critical part of global markets.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information