Micro Focus Senior Technical Support Engineer, NL
By applying as a proven senior technical support engineer in software and security, Micro Focus enables customers to use new technology solutions while maximizing the value of their investments in critical IT infrastructure and business applications. As a result, they can build, operate, and secure the IT systems that bring together existing business logic and applications with emerging technologies, in essence, bridging the old and the new to meet their increasingly complex business demands.
Micro Focus is a global software company with 40 years of experience in delivering and supporting enterprise software solutions that help customers innovate faster with lower risk. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Senior Technical Support Engineer Job Description
This is a challenging role which requires technical aptitude coupled with business acumen and excellent customer service experience. This role provides the opportunity to work with a dynamic and friendly office based team and to develop your technical and professional career.
Micro Focus offers an exceptional working environment, salary commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package
Responsibilities Will Include
– Advanced troubleshooting of customer issues and be accountable for providing customers with prompt resolution and feedback.
– As you gain experience mentor new team members.
– When requested perform customer on-site visits.
– Work closely with Engineering to make sure issues are accurately diagnosed and replicated.
– Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field or equivalent experience required.
– Solid experience with current versions of Linux, OES and/or Windows.
– Possess a working knowledge of eDirectory or Identity and Security Management is helpful.
– Minimum 3 years’ experience, working with Novell products.
– Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, communications, and public relations skills necessary.
– High level of initiative and self-motivation.
– Must have excellent customer skills and able to work in a pressured environment dealing with complex technical issues whilst managing customer expectations during the outage.
– Verbal and written fluency in English.
– The ability to converse in another European language with one or more of the following preferred: German, French, Spanish or Italian
– Practical knowledge of Cisco, other IT Professional Certifications
– Knowledge of relevant programming language(s) – C, C++, C# and/or Java programming
– Preferable to hold a current Linux qualification.
– Knowledge or experience on databases (i.e. Oracle, MS SQL….)
– Experience with VMware, Cloud Management, IIS, NET, and WMI
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information
https://www.akinlawrence.com/micro-focus-senior-technical-support-engineer-nl/https://i1.wp.com/www.akinlawrence.com/wp-content/uploads/Senior-Technical-Support-Engineer.jpg?fit=350%2C450&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/www.akinlawrence.com/wp-content/uploads/Senior-Technical-Support-Engineer.jpg?resize=350%2C300&ssl=1Careersbusiness applications,new technology solutions,Quantity Surveyors,Real Estate,Real Estate Agency,Real Estate Investment,Real Estate Investor,Smartphone Web Applications,technical support engineer