SunTrust Atlanta is looking for a network security engineer to be part of the enterprise team of engineers providing technical direction in network planning, engineering and architecture. Considers various factors in conducting security network planning activities, including vulnerability remediation requirements, network designs, maintenance, and configurations. Participates in the development of technical standards and interface applications, identifies and evaluates new products, and provides a resolution for highly complex network problems.
To ensures appropriate interface capabilities with external networks and operating systems. May interface with vendors to identify and buy hardware and software. Typically leads moderately complex projects and participates in larger, more complex initiatives. Solves complex technical and operational problems. SunTrust is an organization driven by purpose and a personal touch
Network Security Engineer Minimum and Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in network design, planning, or administration or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects and ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and convey complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
As one of the nation’s largest and strongest financial services companies, SunTrust offers a full suite of products and services designed to meet the needs of our consumer, business, corporate and institutional clients.
How to Apply
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, colour, gender, religion, national origin. Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information.