Property Commercial Insurance Underwriting Specialist
Are you looking for a commercial insurance underwriting specialist opportunity with a responsible company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? We have an excellent underwriting opportunity available. As a Commercial Underwriter, you will work to manage assigned agencies, select profitable risks and build a profitable portfolio of accounts. In addition to a lot of benefits, as a direct employee, your insurance education and training are paid by us.
The commercial insurance underwriting specialist will focus on answering two fundamental questions. On the surface, these questions may seem straightforward, but as a Liberty Mutual Insurance underwriter, you will have a curiosity that propels you to dig a little deeper for the answers. You will rely on your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Underwriters are natural problem solvers who want to know our customers and how we can profitably accept the risks that our policies cover. When people have a sense of security, they are free to relax, venture out, and live their lives. This is the feeling Liberty Mutual brings to the world every day.
Commercial Insurance Underwriting Specialist Responsibilities
– Build & manage internal and external sales relationships.
– Select profitable risks based upon personal account criteria and underwriting standards
– Manage portfolio to control the overall mix of accounts, manage exposures & take prompt action when necessary
– Develop new business and keep existing accounts
– Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred, continuing insurance education desired
– Success driven person who has demonstrated 3-10 years of success in a commercial underwriting role
– Ability to analyze variables, such as type & amount of coverage, loss control, credit reports, and loss experience
– Thorough knowledge of commercial insurance coverages, contracts & underwriting guidelines
– Ability to interact successfully with customers to build & support good business relationships.
– Negotiation and pricing skills
– Hard work, honesty, integrity and unwavering business ethics
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
– 401K and Company paid pension plan
– Medical coverage
– Dental coverage
– Paid time-off
– Discounts on automobile and homeowner’s insurance
– Discount fitness memberships
– Flexible spending accounts
– Tuition reimbursement
– Vision care coverage
– Work/Life Resources
– Credit Union membership
– Employee and Dependent life insurance
– Disability insurance
– Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Why you should apply for the commercial insurance underwriting specialist job
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed. Visit the company website for more detailed information
https://www.akinlawrence.com/property-commercial-insurance-underwriting-specialist/https://i1.wp.com/www.akinlawrence.com/wp-content/uploads/Property-Commercial-Insurance-Underwriting-Specialist.jpg?fit=450%2C300&ssl=1https://i1.wp.com/www.akinlawrence.com/wp-content/uploads/Property-Commercial-Insurance-Underwriting-Specialist.jpg?resize=350%2C300&ssl=1Careerscommercial insurance coverages,commercial insurance underwriting,Disability insurance,Facebook Dynamic Ads,insurance education,Insurance underwriter,Real Estate