Real Estate Business Tax Services Senior Consultant
If you are a strategic and creative federal tax professional who likes solving complex federal tax issues across multiple jurisdictions and countries. Do phrases like “accounting for income taxes,” “tax restructuring,” and “tax controversy” peak your interest? Do you enjoy providing federal tax compliance and consulting services to large global and dynamic mid-size clients across a variety of industries? If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, you should consider a career in Deloitte’s Business Tax Services as a real estate business tax services senior consultant.
Deloitte drives progress by helping clients around the world becoming leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to make more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Real Estate Business Tax Services Senior Consultant Job Description
As a real estate business tax services senior consultant within the Business Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member of tax engagement teams, providing and assisting across a variety of tax services that are relevant for public and private companies, ranging from tax compliance, tax planning, tax controversy, and tax research. Responsibilities will include:
– Performing a detailed technical review of partnership, corporate, and personal federal tax returns and reviewing all related work papers.
– Coordinating with client’s tax and finance departments on tax planning and compliance data gathering.
– Performing detailed review of income tax provisions in accordance with ASC 740.
– Researching federal tax legislation to help in understanding the impact on compliance and consulting.
– Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to federal tax planning, restructuring, controversy, and accounting for income taxes.
– Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
– 3-5 years’ experience in federal taxation
– Preparation and review experience of federal tax returns for corporations, partnerships, and people
– Experience with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
– CPA certification is qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney enrolled agent, or other right certification (or in the process of obtaining)
– Excellent research and writing skills
– Excellent presentation and communications skills
– Supervisory experience
– Able to travel up to 25%
– Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
– Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information