Real Estate Developer Management Project Engineer
One of the real estate development companies in Chicago is seeking for a real estate developer management project engineer to come on board and grow within the business. With the growth they are experiencing, my client is competing with the likes of Sterling Bay, CA Ventures and much more. This is an opportunity for a project engineer to work for a leading real estate investment/developer. Work alongside 2 Principals in all aspects of development and construction
This company’s core development activities are build-to-suits, multi-tenant, and joint ventures now concentrated in the metropolitan Chicago area with an ever expanding portfolio reaching into the Midwest and nationally. This Project Engineer will be a crucial part of the team and experience a high level of exposure to a growing company.
Real Estate Developer Management Project Engineer Job Description
– Responsible for managerial and administrative aspects of a project. This includes being proficient in estimating, scheduling, quality control, progress reports, progress billing, design review and coördination, cost reporting, safety, and proposal preparation.
– Work with the owner early in the process to ease the design process with the chosen design professionals.
– Ensure that an exact and complete estimate for the project is prepared. Project Managers work closely with owners and the design team to develop preliminary concept drawings.
– Participate in the proposal meeting with the owner to check the scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs, and provide value engineering ideas.
– Oversee the buyout process and to selection of subcontractors.
– Conduct bi-weekly job site meetings on site.
– Coordinate with the Superintendent to ensure safety, quality control and schedule.
– Conduct progress meetings with Owners and the construction team.
– Remain cost conscious and aware of every aspect of the project at all times.
– Ability to communicate effectively with everyone involved in the project.
Project Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
– B.S. Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering
– Microsoft Office Applications such as Outlook, Word, Project, and Excel.
– 2 years of experience, smart, self-motivated and looking to grow within company
– Good exposure to all aspects of Construction/ Development/ Investment
– Ideally someone who is familiar with writing or reviewing contracts, submitted RFIs, bidding experience
– Open to working downtown
– Client facing and can identify trends within the Chicago market
– Very competitive base salary with great bonus structure
– Great company culture with good work/life balance
– 401k match with PTO plan
– Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
– Exposure to leading technologies in the architecture and construction realm
– Opportunity to immediately grow to an APM/PM role with the help of mentorship
– The Project Engineer will receive valuable guidance and support from a team of professional and passionate individuals that are invested in helping you gain the experience you need to continue advancing your career.
How to apply: Interested and qualified candidates should visit the application website for more detailed information