Urban Senior Planner Job, Spark & Light Nigeria Limited
Spark & Light Nigeria Limited is a wholly indigenous company providing specialized engineering, environmental management care and protection, oil and gas services, construction and other interrelated and integrated sectors of service provision in Nigeria. We are looking for an Urban Senior Planner with the responsibilities/accountabilities of his role include demonstrating confidence, experience and keenness to lead in the following areas of delivery.
Master planning: carrying out independent site visits to do an analysis of sites/ developments, development of high-level conceptual options, location and layout of master planning land uses, identifying population and knowledge of current trends and technologies in planning and integrating inputs and outputs with the environmental, infrastructure and transportation planners.
Urban design: writing and illustrating urban design and concept architecture concepts, explanation and analysis of the requirements of a project to develop urban design and landscape guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same.
Architecture: writing and illustrating concepts around different types of architecture, explanation and analysis of the requirements of a project to develop project briefs, strategies and guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same
Landscape design: writing and illustrating landscape design and place making concepts, explanation and analysis of the requirements of a project to develop strategies and guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same.
Leadership: Leading (project managing) design projects for both internal and external clients. Leading, taking records at progress meetings, presentations and workshops.
Business development: Seeking opportunities for further work with clients including identification of opportunities, writing proposals, pricing and determination of resources.
Responding to ad hoc client and stakeholder requests: Quick turnaround for short planning, urban design exercises.
– Meeting and establishing relationships with local authorities
– Overall responsibility of the planning function on the project
– Coordinating programmes for the work
– Monitoring the planning and project controlling works for conformance with project procedures.
– Communication of programme information to team and stakeholders
– Presentation and negotiations of programme entitlement for additional works
– Working with the Construction Manager to make sure the construction programme is fit for purpose
Urban Senior Planner Requirements
– Relevant Bachelors degree in Architecture, and or Urban Design with masters in urban design, planning, landscape architecture an advantage
– Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant post-graduate experience in Planning within the construction industry, in architecture or site planning with a consultancy or a private developer.
– Strong background of working on highway or major infrastructure construction projects
– The Urban Senior Planner must have sound knowledge of best practices and demonstration of the use of innovative techniques in urban design, urban planning and sustainable development.
– Excellent hand drawing skills.
– Both tender & live works planning experience
– Previous highways planning experience a plus
– Experience of using P6 and MS Office is essential
– Previous experience of managing / mentoring planning teams
– Heavy civil engineering background – qualifications or site experience
– Strong communication skills
Application Closing Date: 27th August 2017.
Method of Application: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.akinlawrence.com/urban-senior-planner-job-spark-light/https://i2.wp.com/www.akinlawrence.com/wp-content/uploads/Urban-Senior-Planner.jpg?fit=450%2C300&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/www.akinlawrence.com/wp-content/uploads/Urban-Senior-Planner.jpg?resize=350%2C300&ssl=1CareersBusiness Writing,Communication Skills,Effective business writing,environmental impact assessment,environmental management,landscape architecture,Landscape design,landscape guidelines,Master planning,Planner,Real Estate,Urban design,urban planning