W. Palm Beach Commercial Property General Manager
JLL West Palm Beach is looking for a Commercial Property General Manager to be responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of all building staff (e.g., Chief Engineer and engineering staff, Property Administrator, etc.). The Commercial Property General Manager will manage properties as directed by the property owners and by the standards and rules of JLL. The General Manager (GM) functions as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management.
As the lead professional, the GM is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. The GM is responsible for working directly with the client to make sure a thorough understanding of its investment goals and the development of acceptable property-specific strategic plans of an operating and capital budget. The GM provides excellent communication (both written and verbal) to both building owners and tenants to make sure an ongoing, successful relationship.
West Palm Beach Commercial Property General Manager Physical Work Requirements / Conditions
In compliance with The American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA), the General Manager’s responsibilities are such that to do the required work in a safe and satisfactory way, the following minimum physical requirements apply
– Is regularly required to sit for long periods of time.
– The employee often required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
– Reading Video Display Terminals, order forms and other written documents.
– Lifting a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds.
– Using and accessing stairwells during emergencies.
– Using keyboards for typing and computer input.
– Hearing, speaking and answering the office telephone system.
Education And Experience
– Associates or Bachelor degree required an advanced degree, a plus.
– Minimum of seven (7) years of commercial real estate or property management experience
– Must have at least three (3) to four (4) year experience at managing people; specifically a staff of three (3) or more.
– Experience in budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation and administration.
– LEED AP/Accreditation required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active accreditation once earned.
– Real Estate license required within the first six months of assuming the position. Must maintain active license once earned.
– CPM and/or RPA designation, desirable.
West Palm Beach Commercial Property General Manager Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
Communication Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.)
– Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, customers, peers and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, percentages, basic calculation of measurement of rent, parking fees, late fees, and volume.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Other: Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite, and any other software program or piece of technology identified as the standard for Jones Lang LaSalle or requested by the Client.
How to apply: JLL West Palm Beach is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, colour, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity.
Interested and qualified candidates for the Commercial Property General Manager vacancy should visit the application website for more detailed information. For employees in the United States, please see a full copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy. The company also endeavours to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.